StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] StarCluster Saving State?

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 20:38:54 -0400

Hi Austin,

> The reason I believe this is happening is because the terminated
> instance is still present in my instances list, it still contains
> reference to the dash-gsg-config key (as well as the security
> groups).
> If this is really the case, then the command will
> start working without error when the instance disappears.
>
> I think this can happen to
> anyone and I do not believe its simply a sideeffect of me
> trying to use sc as a library.

You're right that there's a bug in the 0.91 code, however, the real
issue is in
the cluster.get_cluster code. This code was attempting to fetch the
key_location from the config and I was not handling the case that the keypair
might not be defined in the config. Marc Resnick and I discovered this bug a
couple weeks ago when we attempted to use different keypairs to launch our own
clusters on the same account and neither of us had each other's keypairs
defined in the config. The code in github fixes this issue and should be
released soon.

Thanks for reporting,

~Justin