StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] New AMI Creation

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 00:41:35 -0400

Hi Austin,

Yes making 10.04 AMIs is on the list. Hopefully I can get 10.04 AMIs
along side
migrating the existing AMIs to each availability zone; we'll see.

ATLAS/NumPy/SciPy will likely need to be custom compiled gain for the
10.04 AMIs
given that Ubuntu provides ATLAS packages for the masses which are not
optimized
for multi-core machines. For better performance I like to custom compile
ATLAS/NumPy/SciPy against an 8-core instance. If you don't care about
ATLAS/NumPy/SciPy performance then you could simply install them from apt-get
instead.

~Justin