StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] Using starcluster as a library

From: Austin Godber <no email>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 17:11:34 -0400

For those following along at home, lsof clearly revealed open SSH
connections (actually I only checked with lsof with a single node
cluster). So if I loop over all the clusters nodes and do _ssh.close()
on each one, the program exits. I didn't see anything in cli.py that
does this and there was no other obvious function that appeared to do
this. I am not sure if this is intended behavior or I have missed
something.

Have a good day,
Austin

PS - The following is a working program. It was tested on a two node
cluster, I am not sure whether it was just the master or other nodes
that had connections open.

#!/usr/bin/env python
import starcluster.config

if __name__ == "__main__":
     cfg = starcluster.config.StarClusterConfig(); cfg.load()
     sc = cfg.get_cluster_template('smallcluster', 'mynewcluster')
     if sc.is_valid():
         sc.start(create=True)
     # close all SSH connections so we can exit:
     for node in sc._nodes:
         node._ssh.close()