StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] Using starcluster as a library

From: Austin Godber <no email>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 09:22:23 -0400

I am playing with using starcluster as a library and its been
straightforward and easy to use so far with the exception of after I
start the cluster the code doesn't return. Cluster launches fine. Are
there some connections I need to close? I have taken a look at
cluster.start and theres nothing apparent.

Anyone know offhand? Otherwise I will dig into it this afternoon.

Thanks!

- Austin

The code's trivial and essentially the snippet from the end of cluster.py:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import starcluster.config

if __name__ == "__main__":
     cfg = starcluster.config.StarClusterConfig(); cfg.load()
     sc = cfg.get_cluster_template('smallcluster', 'mynewcluster')
     if sc.is_valid():
         sc.start(create=True)