StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] failed cluster / detached drive

From: Dan Yamins <no email>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 20:33:07 -0400

OK I just started a new cluster. I saw some weird things during the
start-up:

[snip part that was normal]
>>> Setting up the cluster...
>>> Mounting EBS volume vol-c3d927aa on /home...
>>> Using private key /Users/dyamins/amazon/id_rsa-gsg-keypair (rsa)
>>> Creating cluster user: gotdata
>>> Using private key /Users/dyamins/amazon/id_rsa-gsg-keypair (rsa)
>>> Configuring scratch space for user: gotdata
>>> Configuring /etc/hosts on each node
>>> Configuring NFS...
ssh.py:245 - ERROR - command mount -t devpts none /dev/pts failed with
status 32
ssh.py:245 - ERROR - command mount -t devpts none /dev/pts failed with
status 32
>>> Configuring passwordless ssh for root
ssh.py:245 - ERROR - command rm /root/.ssh/id_rsa* failed with status 1
>>> Configuring passwordless ssh for user: gotdata
>>> Using existing RSA ssh keys found for user: gotdata
>>> Installing Sun Grid Engine...
>>> Done Configuring Sun Grid Engine
>>> Running plugin govlovePlugin

The resulting cluster seems to be functioning normally (e.g. the volume is
mounted and I can log in to the nodes as both root and CLUSTER_USER), and my
SGE jobs seem to be working. I'll let you know if anything weird occurs.
Also I'd like to understand the error on line 245 of ssh.py above.

Thanks!

Dan