StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] Starcluster hangs in "Waiting for cluster start"

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:04:44 -0400

Hi Carlos,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I'm confused at what you're saying
here:

> I had a image where I installed the starcluster and my tools to my
project.

Do you mean you installed starcluster on the AMI? If so, why? This is
not necessary.

> Doing some tests I detected the error, in the starcluster configuration
> file, I had that NODE_IMAGE_ID
> and MASTER_IMAGE_ID were the same image where I installed the
> starcluster and my tools to my project..

You do not have to have two separate images to run a StarCluster. The
MASTER_IMAGE_ID setting just gives you the *option* of using a different
image for the master. You should absolutely be able to launch a
StarCluster with a single AMI.

> To solve this problem I had to create two images.

This should not be necessary at all. Something is likely wrong with your
image(s). How did you create them? Did you create them manually? Was the
machine that you re-imaged started with StarCluster?

I'm assuming you're using version 0.90.1? Have you tried running with
the debug flag (-d)?

~Justin