StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] create_image.py vs. createimage

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:20:54 -0400

Hi Thomas,

The github code's createimage command is the recommended way, however, I
haven't made a new release out of this code yet. You're welcome to try
out the latest code; it's very close to ready. The config has been
enhanced quite a bit past the previous 0.90.1 version so you'll
certainly want to look at the docs in github:

http://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/tree/master/docs/sphinx

The *.rst files are the raw text documents. These docs are also
available on the web here:

http://web.mit.edu/stardev/cluster/docs/

I'm in the process of cleaning up the code in github and finishing up
some documentation for a new release that supports multiple clusters,
multiple ebs volumes, cluster 'plugins' that allow users to write their
own custom setup routines on top of starcluster's defaults, automated
EBS volume creation (including partition/format), and more.

If you could also report any issues (either bugs or usability issues)
with the github code to this list I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

~Justin