StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] instance ssh problem...

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:52:39 -0400

Hi Nicholas,

Sorry for the late response on this. What version of Eucalyptus are you using?
I just created an EMI from the starcluster iso that boots and that I can ssh
into without modifying the image. I'm using Eucalyptus 1.6.2.

What's weird to me is that I can ssh in, however, I cannot access
169.254.169.254 ip within the instance which means the ec2-get-credentials
file can not be running successfully at startup. Something else must be
configuring the authorized_keys file for root. This is why I wonder if
something's up with eucalyptus on your end? Are you sure your keypair setting
is correct when calling euca-run-instances?

In any event, the exact file that fetches the credentials is in
/etc/init.d/ec2-get-credentials

If you still want to try manually editing this file, you need to change line
11 of this file to:

public_key_url = http://<ip-address>:8773/latest/meta-data/public-
keys/0/openssh-key

Replace ip-address with your Eucalyptus cloud controller ip.

Let me know if that helps,

~Justin