StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] failed installing Sun Grid Engine...

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:51:40 -0400

Chuan,

Responding to your other question concerning GSL and gotoBLAS:

Installing these locally into a EBS volume is a perfectly reasonable
solution. In fact, this is how I envisioned most people storing their
software/data on StarCluster.

The other way to do this is to launch an instance, install the software
globally (using apt-get and/or source packages), and then rebundle the
AMI. You could then tell starcluster to use this new AMI in your config
file.

I will add GSL to the next version of StarCluster's AMI. goto blas must
be custom compiled. I'll have a look at this and if it's not too much
work I'll consider adding it in.

Hope that helps,

~Justin