StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] create_image.py

From: Mark J. Pearrow <no email>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:46:03 -0500

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that pointer. I was able to create my own AMI from the starcluster x64 base, aptitude upgrade it, upload, register, and instantiate it via the instructions you reference. SGE worked properly on it at that point. So that seemed quite hopeful.

Once I launched the new instance, and customized it a bit (adding a new couple repositories for apt and installing some applications), then creating a new ec2 volume, uploading and registering it, I logged into it and I'm back in the same boat: system hangs at the ">>> Installing Sun Grid Engine..." message. When I looked at the ps listing for that instance, I could see that there was a "source /etc/profile && qconf -Aq /tmp/pe.txt" running. But at that point, qconf won't work since sge_* isn't running.

hummmm.

mjp