This archive was generated by
Sorry for all the spam in one day. Here's what I have discovered wrt creating new AMIs based on the starcluster AMI.
1) Launch an instance of the starcluster AMI
2) run create_image.py and ostensibly generate an exact copy of the original AMI
3) verify that the new AMI exists and is in a new S3 bucket
4) shut down the original instance
5) launch a new instance based on the "new" AMI
6) Observe that the starcluster -s script take a reaaaaaaaaly long time to start up
7) Log in to instance and observe that SGE is not running
I originally thought it might have to do with the sun-java-sdk upgrades but it seems that even a default, stock AMI, when copied, malfunctions.
Received on Fri Jan 08 2010 - 09:30:40 EST