StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] EC2 AMI creation

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:13:16 -0500

Hi Mark,

Your understanding of the process is correct.

Regarding registering the ami, the script should automatically register the
ami for you, no need to do it yourself unless it's not showing up for some
reason.

If I remember correctly, you also don't need to create the bucket before hand
although this certainly doesn't hurt anything.

The idea is that after the create_ami.py script has executed, everything
should be ready to go assuming it completed successfully. This script,
assuming you've passed the correct options, handles bucket creation,
creating/bundling/uploading the ami, and registering the ami with EC2 without
user intervention.

Let me know if you have success with this or not and what your issues were.

I've cc'd the list because this info may certainly be useful to the next user
of StarCluster. Please continue to do so in the future so that others can
benefit :D

~Justin