StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] EC2 AMI creation

From: Mark J. Pearrow <no email>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:24:36 -0500

Hi Justin and everyone,

Just tried running create_image.py, and created a .starclustercfg that I think should be ok, but I get an error message:

mjp_at_mcp:~$ ./create_image.py
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pycrypto-2.0.1-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/Crypto/Hash/SHA.py:6: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pycrypto-2.0.1-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/Crypto/Hash/MD5.py:6: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
/home/mjp/mh-aws.pem
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./create_image.py", line 162, in <module>
    create_image.main()
  File "./create_image.py", line 55, in main
    EC2_PRIVATE_KEY = self.env_variables['EC2_PRIVATE_KEY']
KeyError: 'EC2_PRIVATE_KEY'

In my .starclustercfg file, I've put the following line about my keyfile:

KEYNAME = mh-aws
KEY_LOCATION = /home/mjp/mh-aws.pem

Where mh-aws is the name of the keypair as it appears in my AWS console and /home/mjp/mh-aws.pem is the corresponding RSA private key. I thought the problem might have been the control-M characters in the PEM file, but I nuked those and still get the error. Any pointers?

Thanks,

mjp