StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Live load balancing node AMI Swapping

From: Rajat Banerjee <no email>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 12:48:16 -0400

Hi Cody,
I don't see why not. I haven't touched the load balancer code in a few
years. But from my memory, it reads the config file on startup whenever you
run `starcluster loadbalance starcluster-name` and will pick up the new AMI
then. So if you kill the last loadbalance process, swap the AMI in the
config file, then restart, the load balancer should begin adding the new
AMI. The new AMI must be compatible with starcluster obviously, and be
ready for starcluster and SGE bootstrapping. This is easy to verify by
simply using it to start a new cluster as a test.

Give it a try and let us know?
Best,
Raj