StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Using miniconda on EBS volume to run ipython notebook with ipcluster plugin on starcluster

From: Dylan Kotliar <no email>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 17:05:25 -0500

Hello all,

I am currently using Starcluster by mounting an EBS volume containing much
of the software I want to use including python as version controlled by
miniconda. I have written a plugin that copies necessary hidden files (e.g.
.bashrc) to the home directory so that the environment is configured when I
ssh to the master node and the python stored on the EBS volume is used by
default.

Now I would like to use the ipcluster plugin to open ipython notebooks in
the cluster. However, I get the error message:

Running plugin starcluster.plugins.ipcluster.IPCluster !!! ERROR - Error
occured while running plugin 'starcluster.plugins.ipcluster.IPCluster': !!!
ERROR - IPython is not installed!

This must be because the ipcluster plugin is using the default version of
python rather than my version controlled version. This is despite the fact
that when I ssh to the cluster, the python in the environment is the
correct one (the one on the EBS volume). Any suggestions on how to
circumvent this?

Thanks!