StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Placement group disruption

From: Lyn Gerner <no email>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 20:06:20 -1000

Hi All,

I have an existing cluster that has a master and a node001 up; they were
launched with *no* placement group, over a week ago. Now it seems
something has changed in the availability zone, becauseI'm trying to grow
that cluster, and any new addnode attempt is accompanied by the creation of
a placement group. The addnode subsequently gets an unhandled exception
before ever reaching SSH-able status. (Crash report attached.)

Has anybody else seen and resolved this? I see the placement group-related
code in cluster.py, but I'd certainly appreciate not having to reinvent the
wheel, or any insights.

Thanks,
Lyn