StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Is StarCluster still under active development?

From: Tony Robinson <no email>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:40:10 +0100

Hi Chris,

Cheers - "schedule on demand" should give us an improvement, I'll look
into that. As to bringing down nodes 15 mins after the peak, these are
nodes that have already run for 50 mins. The trick is to empty nodes
that are between 50 mins (or the default of 45 mins) past the hour and
the hour. I don't have any magic for this, but the load formula below
(host_rank-load_short*256) is pretty good at emptying nodes when they
can be and I'm relying on a random distribution of start times to find
some that can be brought down. It would be great if gridEngine had a
binary flag to say if had been up for 0-50 or 50-60 mins which could
then go in load_formula, but I'm not going to hack it in.

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Tony