StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: No route to 0.0.0.0/0

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 01:02:08 -0400

Chad,

What you've shown is a "Main" route table, which is implicitly associated
with all subnets without route table association in the VPC.

The quickest way to fix it is to go to the VPC "Subnets" page of the AWS
console, then "Route Table", "Edit", and select the main route table again
so that it changes from implicit to *explicit* route table association.

The StarCluster code can be changed to handle implicit route table
association when it is validating the subnet for IGW & 0.0.0.0/0 route
accesses. However, in general it is a good practice to not have IGW access
by default for all subnets without route table association. (That is, it is
better to NOT have access and the VPC admin gives the subnet IGW access
rather than taking away access when security is needed.)

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Chad Nicely <chad.nicely_at_helix.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to launch starcluster instances into a subnet in a non-default
VPC which satisfies the documented requirements (internet gateway attached
to the VPC and a route to 0.0.0.0/0), but I'm still getting the error "No
route to 0.0.0.0/0 found for subnet".