StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Changing the Sun Grid Engine Port number

From: no name <no email>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 17:21:51 -0400

I'm trying to use kaldi speech recognition toolkit in conjugation with
Starcluster/Amazon EC2, but Kaldi uses port 6444 to communicate with SGE.
Using, "star cluster sshmaster --user sgeadmin cluster name" to ssh in, I
checked the environment variables and saw that the port used is, "
SGE_EXECD_PORT=63232". I was able to submit jobs successfully locally.
>From the kaldi server I'm able to ping the master server and successfully
telnet to that port. I changed the port in the environment variables but
had a hard time trying to figure out how to restart the SGE service. Is
there a way set it to the port number, "6444" by default when starcluster
starts/restarts the cluster? Or is there a way I could manually do it. I
looked around and found some ways to restart SGE but I am limited on what I
can do on the Amazon instance. Any help is appreciated!