StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Is StarCluster still under active development?

From: Rajat Banerjee <no email>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:44:14 -0400

I see what you are saying but did not test the case with a range of
taskid's , so I did not see the problem you mentioned. The cache may have
been a premature optimization to avoid doing large pulls from jobstat once
every 30-60 seconds. When Justin and I were designing it, it seemed wise to
cache some amount of SGE's output instead of doing a full pull every time,
and it got very slow when there were >100 jobs.

Raj