StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Is StarCluster still under active development? (Tony Robinson)

From: François-Michel L'Heureux <no email>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:35:21 -0400

Hi Tony

If you have issues with the load balancer, have a look at "my" version:
https://github.com/datacratic/StarCluster. At the end of the readme there
is a section about various improvements I have made and the load balancer
is the one that I have improved the most.

You mention working on a grid engine scheduler. You probably already know,
but just in case: Have you taken a look at the *allocation_rule *parameter*?
*It allows *to configure *the allocation strategy as either "round robin"
or "fill up".

*http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/latest/guides/sge.html#round-robin-vs-fill-up-modes
<http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/latest/guides/sge.html#round-robin-vs-fill-up-modes>*
I don't work on StarCluster much nowadays. I am however still interested in
it and look forward for your work on it.

Cheers
Mich