StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Local master node

From: Adrian Draghici <no email>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 16:29:12 +0000

Hi,

Thanks for the answers!

I'm not sure I understand how the intermediate node could be shut down
though? Assume the following scenario where all nodes are in EC2:

   - A is the intermediate node with the new AMI, receiving and executing
   commands like "starcluster start testcluster" etc.
   - B is the master node spawned by the cluster
   - C, D, E are slave nodes

Surely A would need to be alive until the end since the cluster needs to be
turned off from it?