StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: IPython parallel DirectView not distributing to starcluster nodes.

From: Austin So <no email>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 15:00:01 -0700

No error messages. I assumed it was that file since it was a config file, but what do I know except things get buggered up.

If you or anyone for that matter is actually interested in replicating, then these are the steps:

1. create 5-node cluster via starcluster using the HVM AMI.
2. login via IP[y] Notebook.
3. open and execute the previously attached notebook without setting the number of engines within IP[y]
        - determine the number of unique domain names being utilized
4. close/halt and set the number of engines in IP[y] to whatever you feel like
5. reopen and execute the previously attached notebook.
        - determine the number of unique domain names being utilized.

If you do not honestly see a difference in the domain name utilization, let me know. Or if you think that this is a spurious concern that doesn’t alter performance of the cluster, then I’d be interested in knowing because it is clear that by not assigning engines in IP[y], that I get utilization across all nodes.

A.