StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

starcluster with 16TB ebs volumes?

From: David Koppstein <no email>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:08:52 +0000

Hi,

I have some analyses that I want to run on EBS but that have outputs that
exceed 1TB. I noticed that EBS volumes can now support up to 16TB. However,
`starcluster createvolume` has a hard limit on 1TB.

To get around this, I created a 16TB volume using the AWS console manually
and added it to the starcluster config file, created a new cluster, and
then did

```
sudo mkfs -t ext4 /dev/xvdz
```

then restarted the cluster.

So far, it seems to be working and is shared over NFS properly. However, I
wanted to just ping the list to see whether there is any other formatting
or anything else that needs to be done for this to work robustly, as this
is not a documented feature.

Cheers,
David
P.S. I'd create an issue for createvolumes to support 16TB on github, but
it seems like the main branch is not undergoing much active development...?