StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: establish a cluster with Lustre filesystem using Starcluster

From: Steve Heistand <no email>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 21:46:05 -0700

I tried the template when it first came out and it was extremely tricky to get working.
Not sure if the current version is any better.
Worked out much easier to build AMIs that had the lustre modules and source
built in and do my own template.
mostly its the lustre kernel modules in your compute AMIs that is the hard part.

btw even if they are in a separate placement group from compute, you still
get a nice advantage as placement group to placement grouop is still speedier
then normal.

--
 Steve Heistand                           NASA Ames Research Center
 SciCon Group                             Mail Stop 258-6