StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Waiting for SSH to Come Up on All Nodes...

From: Jason Gallant <no email>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 08:27:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I’ve been working so far with StarCluster to great success.

I recently created a AMI based on the ami-3393a45a public image.  I installed a few executables and then saved the machine as a new AMI.   Now when I try to start this as a 10-node cluster, the stacluster program “hangs” at “Waiting for SSH to come up on all nodes…”.

I can verify that I can ssh into each of the nodes using the “ubuntu” login name, however permission is denied for “root”.  Looking over previous messages, it was suggested to change /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg 'disable_root: true'.  to ‘false’ and recreating the AMI.  I did this, but am still having the same issue of “Wating for SSH to come up on all nodes…"

Testing this, it seems that my other AMIs used in other applications seem to operate fine.  Any ideas on diagnosing this problem?

Best,
Jason Gallant

Dr. Jason R. GallantAssistant Professor
Room 38 Natural Sciences