StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

using starcluster with a private AMI, ssh passwordless communication between nodes

From: Andrea La Rizza <no email>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:31:00 +0200

I'm using starcluster to manage an MPI cluster for parallel scientific
computation. I don't want to use the pre-installed OpenMPI environment
since the executables ? have to use are compiled with Intel softwares.
So I have my private CentOS AMI created from aws console with all the
Intel environment pre-installed. The problem is that IntelMPI uses by
default ssh connectivity without password authentication to make nodes
communicate amoung them to work. I want to know if there is some
feauture in the config starcluster file such that ssh connectivity intra
nodes comes pre setted with rsa authentication. I have read that this
feauture should be enabled by default with the sgeadmin user, but when i
launch the cluster at a certain point I received this error:

!! ERROR - Error occured while running plugin
'starcluster.clustersetup.DefaultClusterSetup':
!!! ERROR - Cannot create user: (uid: 0, gid: 0). This is caused by
!!! ERROR - /home/ directory being owned by root. To fix this you'll
!!! ERROR - need to create a new AMI. Note that the instance is still
!!! ERROR - up.
and neither the user sgeadmin is created neither the /etc/hosts file is
filled with the names and IPs of all nodes of the cluster.