StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

How does StarCluster track the clusters it's managing?

From: Nicholas Chammas <no email>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 03:16:00 +0000

Howdy!

At this point in the StarCluster demo video
<http://youtu.be/vC3lJcPq1FY?t=7m20s>, the presenter runs the following
command to list all the clusters being managed by StarCluster:

starcluster listclusters

How does StarCluster track all the clusters it’s managing? Is it through
the use of EC2 instance tags? A pointer to the relevant code would also be
helpful.

I’m looking to implement a feature similar to listclusters but for spark-ec2
<http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.2.1/ec2-scripts.html>. Tagging seems like
the way to go to do that, but we had some issues with it
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-3332> when we used it with
spark-ec2.

So I’m curious to know how StarCluster did things.

Nick