StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

On-demand nodes

From: Levy, Josh <no email>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 18:18:20 +0000

Hello - I’m trying to add nodes, but the spot price for the node type I need is higher than the on-demand price. Is there a way I can force starcluster to use on-demand nodes and *not* the spot market? My confing file has the spot bid commented out, and I’m not specifying -b on the command line - yet starcluster is still using a $1 bid. I wonder if all the holiday shopping on Amazon is reducing the availibility of spot instances?

Thanks,

Josh