StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

is mandatory that master instance is the same kind of instance than compute nodes?

From: Pablo Escobar <no email>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:48:36 +0200

Hi,

I have been doing some testing with starcluster and I see that by default
every machine is the same type of instance and that the sge_master is also
an sge_exec node.

I have read in the documentation that the sge plugin allows to configure
the master node to not being an exec node.

The ideal setup for me would be to have the master node being a small
instance just running the sge_master and not running jobs and the compute
nodes being bigger instances in terms of hardware resources.

is this setup currently possible in starcluster? or is mandatory that every
machine is the same kind of instance?

thanks for your help.

Pablo.