StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: stopping the cluster makes dismounts all EBS volumes

From: MacMullan, Hugh <no email>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 13:30:18 +0000

Hi again Ramon:

To 'hack' the code and disable this 'feature' (detach volumes), you can comment out the 'self.detach_volumes()' line in the 'stop_cluster' definition in cluster.py:

# self.detach_volumes()

This seems to work as expected, but maybe I'm missing something regarding the 'why' this is there at all. That would be the function (detach_volumes) that you would want to hack if you wanted to modify things to work as an option in the config, I suppose.

-Hugh