StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: read-only access key

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:25:23 -0400

You should be able to switch the AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID while the cluster is
running, as the job system doesn't know anything about the AWS key.

I quickly looked at the code in StarCluster (the _add_tags_to_sg()
function), and starcluster does not store the AWS settings as part of the
tag to identify the cluster. So starcluster should not care about the IAM
user who started the cluster.

However, the safest way is to create a new key, or create a new IAM user
that has EC2 permission, and use it to run starcluster commands like
sshmaster. If it works you can safely delete the key you uploaded to the
outside world.

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:44 AM, MacMullan, Hugh <hughmac_at_wharton.upenn.edu