StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Max spot instance count exceeded

From: MacMullan, Hugh <no email>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 19:12:23 +0000

Indeed! 5 is standard:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-spot-limits.html

Defaults are stingy, but they are generally easily relaxed with a limit increase request (details in the link above).

Good luck!

-Hugh

On May 26, 2014, at 12:53, "Cedar McKay" <cmckay_at_uw.edu<mailto:cmckay_at_uw.edu>> wrote:

Amazon is very stingy with their max number of spot instances. For some types they only let you have a few spot instances. For example, I was limited to five high memory spot instances, but I asked them and they raised my limit to eight. In other words, I don't think there's anything wrong with star cluster.

Cedar