StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Fast shared or local storage? (Cedar McKay)

From: Cedar McKay <no email>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:05:56 -0700

Great, thanks for all the info guys. I ended up implementing mounting my read only databases as an s3fs volume, then designating the ephemeral storage as the cache. Hopefully this will give me the best of all worlds; fast local storage, and lazy downloading.

I haven't tested much yet, but If I have problems with this setup I'll probably just skip the s3fs thing and just load the database straight onto the ephemeral storage as you suggested.

best,
Cedar