StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Installing StarCluster on a Mac (Mavericks)

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:26:57 -0400

I was able to reproduce this using a virtual environment that used the
system's Python, distutils, and setuptools. This bug has already been
reported to PyCrypto folks on launchpad and I commented with further
details and a workaround for PyCrypto developers if they're interested:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/pycrypto/+bug/1292408

Hopefully this is all resolved soon. In the mean time I would first try
the fix I sent earlier (and mentioned in the bug report above) OR switch
to using Python from homebrew[1], macports[2], or the anaconda[3] Python
distributions.

~Justin

[1] http://brew.sh
[2] http://www.macports.com