Re: load balanced nodes accepting jobs before ready
This archive was generated by
Thanks Mich. on the advice of someone else I did something similar:
1) set initial-state on all.q to disabled
2) manually enable after manual provisioning check passes
On Apr 14, 2014, at 7:19 AM, "François-Michel L'Heureux" <fmlheureux_at_datacratic.com<mailto:fmlheureux_at_datacratic.com>> wrote:
I ran into a similar issue. I use a complex value to couter that situation. In steps:
1. When creating a cluster, I add the complex value in OGS.
2. Whenever I run a job, I require that complex value. (See flag "-l" in qrsh/qsub)
3. The last step I do when I initialize a node is add that complex value/resource to that node.
Hence, if a job is queued, it cannot run on a uninitialized node because the complex value is missing. The downside is that you have to alter all your qsub/qrsh commands to request that parameter, otherwise they will bypass it. (It might be possible to set it as a default requirement, I haven't looked.)
Received on Mon Apr 14 2014 - 13:32:10 EDT