StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

order of operations when adding a node to an existing cluster

From: Ryan Golhar <no email>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 15:09:06 -0400

Whenever I have a running cluster and add new nodes, I notice after the
node is added to SGE, the users and scratch space is set up. Occasionally
a job fails on a node because of this order. Either the user who submitted
the job isn't set up in /etc/password yet or the scratch space hasn't been
created yet. Why isn't a node fully configured before its added to SGE?
 That would seem like the better order.

Ryan