StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: SGE slow with 50k+ jobs

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 23:31:07 -0400

Which instance type is used for the qmaster node? And how much free
memory do you have on that instance?

For a qmaster with over 50K jobs, you can easily get a qmaster process
that uses over 1GB of memory. If your qmaster also runs jobs, then the
kernel OOM killer will likely pick the qmaster process as it uses that
much memory.

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html