StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Administration of StarCluster with AWS IAM

From: David Stuebe <no email>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:13:37 +0000

Hi StarCluster

I am planning to setup an HPC cluster for an operational forecasting project. I have created a new AWS account for this purpose and setup up IAM for various users on the project to have access and control over resources with proper unique users, role separation and least privilege.

What are best practices for sharing administration of StarCluster resources?

When I create a config file I can share it with other users as long as I get my AWS credentials from my ENV variables.

What about the user id?
Does this have to be the root AWS account ID or can I use my User ARN (of the form: arn:aws:iam::123456789012:user/username)
Can I set this as an environment variable as well?

What about PEM files – what is ec2_cert in the config file used for?

David Stuebe
Scientist & Software Engineer

55 Village Square Drive
South Kingstown, RI 02879-8248

Tel: +1 (401) 789-6224
Email: David.Stuebe_at_rpsgroup.com<mailto:David.Stuebe_at_rpsgroup.com>
www: asascience.com<http://www.asascience.com/> | rpsgroup.com<http://www.rpsgroup.com/>

A member of the RPS Group plc