StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Using MIT StarCluster on VPC

From: Dmitry Serenbrennikov <no email>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:50:08 +0000

Hi Sergio,

To add to Rayson's answer, perhaps you can consider using DNS entries instead of fixed IP addresses?
In our case, that's what we are doing. (Honestly, I didn't even know you could request specific IPs...)

I wrote a small plugin to have starcluster automatically maintain Route53 entries for each master and the nodes.
Feel free to use it as is or modify: https://gist.github.com/nitecoder/9536584#file-starcluster-route53-plugin

By the way, this is only my second plugin ever, so I would very much appreciate any critique / improvements from the list!

Cheers!
-Dmitry