StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

The simplest plugin for installing

From: Jacob Barhak <no email>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:37:25 -0600

Hello,

This is a question to the plugin experts out there.

I wish to run a pip install command on each node and master after the cluster was initialized.

I looked at plugins people write and it seems this should not be hard to do. Yet many plugins handle cases such as add node and remove node.

My question is what is the most minimal set of methods required for a simple plugin such as the one I need. Do I only need to override __init__ ? Do I need to be aware of anything else to avoid breaking something?

Also, if anyone has an easier solution for my problem of running the same shell command on all instances together after startup, then please do hint.

Note that I am aware of the option of creating an AMI yet I rather not go in that path for now. I want a softer solution that installs software on a machine after startup.

I hope this is simple and straightforward.

        Jacob

Sent from my iPhone