StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: MIT StarCluster and the new C3 instances

From: Sergio Mafra <no email>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 11:06:47 -0200

Rayson,

Iīve finally got the development version of StarCluster working. Now itīs
time to move on to VPCīs tests.
If someone wants to have the development version to play with that, thatīs
the steps needed:

1. Provision an Ubuntu Server t1.micro instance
2. Update libs: $ sudo apt-get update
3. Install gcc compiler - $ sudo apt-get install gcc
4. Install phyton dev libs - $ sudo apt-get install python-dev
5. Install git - $ sudo apt-get install git
6. Sync git wih StarCluster - $ git clone git://
github.com/jtriley/StarCluster.git
7. Compile it;
7.1 - $ cd StarCluster
7.2 - $ sudo python distribute_setup.py
7.3 - $ sudo python setup.py install
8. You should now have StarCluster 0.999 running - $ starcluster --version

Regarding running StarCluster on a VPC - Do you have any tutorial or doc to
help me on that?

All best.

Sergio