StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: MIT StarCluster and the new C3 instances

From: Sergio Mafra <no email>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:16:23 -0200

Hi Rayson,

I noticed that StarCluster didnŽt allocate a placement group for C3
instances and did it by myself in the code.
But this was not helpfull since C3 instances uses high throughput insted of
the 10 giga network.
In my tests, using C3 or CC2 in a cluster config where MPI is required will
be equal to same processing time.
Hope that AWS put them on 10 Giga net in the near future.

Compute optimized

c3.8xlarge

64-bit

Intel Xeon E5-2680