StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: sge node stops running jobs

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 22:18:12 -0400

Since your mentioned that the entire /opt/sge6 directory is empty,
sounds like the NFS server (ie. StarCluster master) was not available
at some point?

What instance type are you using for the master?

Note that by default /home & /opt/sge6 are NFS mounts, are thus if the
nodes are doing lots of I/O, then it can cause issues (NFS doesn't
scale well, but 30 nodes should be OK unless there really is lots of
I/O traffic).

# mount
master:/home on /home type nfs
(rw,user=root,nosuid,nodev,vers=3,addr=10.125.9.29)
master:/opt/sge6 on /opt/sge6 type nfs
(rw,user=root,nosuid,nodev,vers=3,addr=10.125.9.29)

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html