StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Starcluster, etc., in Public AMI?

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:13:48 -0400

There are 2 ways to create a new AMI:

1) Boot the StarCluster AMI, and customize it by installing new
packages, modify settings, etc. Note StarCluster AMIs are EBS-based,
and thus you can follow:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/creating-an-ami-ebs.html

2) To create S3 backed AMIs, you can download the StarCluster AMIs,
and then follow the guide:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/creating-loopback-s3-linux.html
http://star.mit.edu/cluster/download_amis.html

I would recommend the first method as it is easier.

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html