StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [newb] keypairs question

From: MacMullan, Hugh <no email>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 17:55:01 +0000

Hi Neal:

Welcome!

Take a look inside the .pem with your favorite text editor and you'll see an RSA private key! There's no 'standard' naming convention for private/public key names, so it can be confusing. Happily, it just works. :)

So you can just change your key in the config to:

[key GSG_Keypair]
_LOCATION=/wherever/you/like/GSG_Keypair.pem

And then in the cluster section:

KEYNAME=GSG_Keypair

You can also create keys (and volumes, and AMIs!) with 'starcluster createkey' (or 'starcluster ck'). Check out 'starcluster help'.

Cheers,
-Hugh