StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: building custom software

From: MacMullan, Hugh <no email>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:57:21 +0000

Hi Neal:

Have a look at the AMI building section of the documentation:

http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/0.94/overview.html#easily-build-s3-and-ebs-amis

That should get you started.

-Hugh

On Sep 11, 2013, at 8:32 AM, "Neal Becker" <ndbecker2_at_gmail.com<mailto:ndbecker2_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

I wonder if/how starcluster would support this usage. My work is python/c++ based. Besides the usual scientific python modules, I need to compile custom c++-based modules. I have tried picloud before. The procedure is to start a VM, ssh into it, and manually build the required code. Then shut down the VM and save the image.

How might I use starcluster in this workflow?