StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

bug report, startup failed on EC2

From: Jascha Sohl-Dickstein <no email>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 16:19:51 -0700

I am getting an error every time I try to start a starcluster on Amazon EC2. I've started clusters successfully in the past (most recently, 2 or 3 days ago) using an identical command and configuration, so I'm not sure what might have changed. The error message asks me to forward the crash report to this list, so here it is! The mailing list only accepts messages smaller than 40K, but the crash report is available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tiwkz6tivfax2v/crash-report-10470.txt .

>From the error message -- it may be failing to find psutil, and then skipping the rest of the setup process? I don't know why psutil would suddenly be unavailable. If I sshmaster into the cluster after the failed start ipython.parallel is not configured properly, so for my purposes at least the error is fatal. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks,
Jascha