StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Starcluster for Google Compute Engine?

From: Jose Cortez <no email>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:57:35 -0700

I've enjoyed using starcluster for a few months now, but I am switching to
using Google Compute Engine (GCE).

Is anyone working on or aware of a project for a starcluster-like tool for
GCE?

Just thought I'd check before I start coding anything. Seems like *ideally
* you would be able to plug-in whatever cloud into a tool like starcluster
in the future to make it easy to switch between clouds. Perhaps there are
too many idiosyncrasies between clouds to make it happen easily.

Anyways, if there isn't anything started out there, I'll get a basic set of
functionality started ( config file, start, terminate) for GCE and put it
on github.

Thanks, J.