StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Updated cookbook for preparation of Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10 HVM for starcluster

From: Ed Morris <no email>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:57:19 +0100

Justin.

When I run this script I get two errors.

1. When chrooting the image, the resulting terminal no longer has internet
access as the resolv.conf link in /etc is broken as there is nothing in
/var/run or /run. The way I got around this was copying /etc/resolf.conf
from my native environment to /tmp/imag/run/ ...

2. When I run the script after solving problem 1, I get the following
errors:

Err http://www.cs.wisc.edu lenny/contrib Sources

  404 Not Found
Ign http://www.cs.wisc.edu lenny/contrib Translation-en

Fetched 2805 kB in 9s (311 kB/s)

W: Failed to fetch
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/debian/development/dists/lenny/contrib/source/Sources
404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scimage.py", line 612, in <module>
    main()
  File "scimage.py", line 590, in main
    upgrade_packages()
  File "scimage.py", line 274, in upgrade_packages
    apt_command('update')
  File "scimage.py", line 228, in apt_command
    run_command(cmd)
  File "scimage.py", line 216, in run_command
    raise Exception(errmsg)
Exception: command 'DEBIAN_FRONTEND='noninteractive' apt-get -o
Dpkg::Options::='--force-confnew' -y --force-yes update' failed with status
100

I investigated the addresses and it is true that the directory does not
exist. http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/debian/development/dists/lenny/contrib/has
the following directories

binary-amd64/
binary-i386/